Thursday, June 14, 2012

Personal Addition 18 - Quebec

As of today (June 14, 2012) the countdown is at: 17 days. In 17 days I'll be flying out to Quebec for an experience that I'll never forget.
Last November, I signed up for a program that chooses participants by a lottery. If your name is chosen, you are placed in a French speaking city/community in Canada. When I signed up, I requested Quebec and much to my surprise, I got it!
The program is paid for (except for the flights) and it lasts for five weeks. For the five weeks that you're there you have to speak French (yes, the entire time).
There are so many things that we get to do and get to see that I can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like. Not only am I going to meet so many new people, but my best friend also happened to get the same place that I did!
As excited as I am, I'm honestly quite nervous. Five weeks is a long time for me to be away (considering the longest that I've been away is probably about.. four days). I think it will be weird the first couple of days but I'm sure it won't take too long for me to adjust. I know that everyone else there is in the same position as me so meeting new people shouldn't be much of a struggle.
Looking past being nervous and leaving my family for a while, I am so excited that I get the chance to experience this. I owe a huge thanks to the people that run this program and I can't wait until I get back to share stories and pictures! Here's to a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment